Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobVOL

Grumors

I think the next 72 hours will be really interesting.

Just saying :-)

I am hearing some things in social media. If what you are referring to is true OMG we will be very happy soon

:egyptian:

Can't say right now. But if it goes the way I'm hearing, we'll be happy. I don't support rumors. The info I got is pretty credible though. I don't usually say anything. I'm pretty confident we'll hear about things in the next few days.

Guest LakeVol

We need it for the Voltalk Show!!!!!  ATOMIC.... You're being paged my friend.... :thumb_yello:

Guest LakeVol

I agree. When Atomic speaks, I listen.  :thumb_yello:

So.... You tune us out GiveHim6?  :shakehead:   LOL

Well as of Monday morning Butch still works for Tennessee and Gruden still works for ESPN as far as I know. Where's the big news?  :nana:

I never said what. I was referring to clarity of the situation. Apparently, that's dragging now. Grrrr

But 72 hours ain't up, yet.

But big money is behind whatever name you want to go get. You fill in the blank. I'll say this right now. There isn't going to be another absurd flea market coach hire. I'll leave it at that.

Thought Sumlin possible change would speed this up. Maybe not. Every day kills early recruiting signing. Unless the hire is big enough it doesn't matter. Think about it. Even Currie isn't that stupid.

I'm no expert on the ways and means of a college administration or athletic department but it seems to me any major hiring/firing action would occur over the course of a weekend or first thing Monday at the latest. Doesn't seem likely to me that Butch, Sumlin or any other coach would get the ax midweek after they, the staff and team started preparations for the next weekend's opponent. From where I sit it looks like every weekend he survives means another game he will coach.

BTW, I noticed Mizzou opened as a 10 point favorite this week.

Never said he would be fired today. Hell, we were talking about this on the podcast. UT dragging their feet. Just dump his ass, he's a dead man walking.

Mine was in reference to direction since we're not hearing anything. So far big money backers are for real this time. I don't make rumors. Most here know that. So I can tell you I'm more comfortable today than last week. This will all sort itself out though. Just not fast enough for my liking. Does that mean anything? At this point, no. In 2012 it was so close that so many of you have no clue and it was screwed by UT administration. One day I need to write a book on that fiasco. Don't be a doubting Thomas. For people who thought Gruden never happened last time, ok and I've got prime water side property in the Sahara to sell you to. Some people would be so pissed at the cheapness of our athletics department when it comes to coaches. Reduce seating for the fat cats to get plush accommodations that's fine. 340 million. Hire the best coach but lose a little control in the process? Because of insecure business pride? Nope, not this administration.

Swain was just talking about that. What you're saying lines up with his statements this morning. It would "seem" the administration isn't going cheap on this hire. Anyone who thinks Butch Jones isn't gone is delusional. You don't get 340 million for renovations with Butch Jones as coach. Someone is paying for that, and raising that ain't happening under this MAC/big East wanna be guy. Follow the money folks. Rob's right.

Well like I said in 2012 you should have been able to wrap your head around it. UT politics, old guard thinking and upset of losing some misconceived control on issues and giving up a few sand castles in the sandbox caused Tennessee to bunt, they didn't even swing and miss. Now I'm confirming and telling you the stars are aligned again.

Let's hope UT athletics administration doesn't screw the pooch again.

I'm definitely believing we won't have to resort to Wiki to learn anything about the next hire. There'd be a major fan revolt if they hire another MAC coach. So here's a question: Despite all the Grumors, or talk about Kelly, any chance the guy they're gunning for is currently HC at another Power 5 school and neither they nor Tennessee want it to be public knowledge till at least after the regular season is over? That might at least be one reason why it's taking so long.

Two modes of thought. One is that is possible. The issue is if their successful and already at a power 5 school, why leave you're already doing so well? The other is Jones is just holding down the fort until the official announcement. The season is pretty much toast. If Missouri wins,that's your in between deal slammer. You're stuck. You're resigned to a crappy bowl game with no fan attendance or LSU beats Tennessee and then removes all doubt. It's not a lower buyout that's driving this. It's more like a barometer of measuring how fast Jones needs to be gone. Their risking screwing with the new December early signing period. That's one reason I thought we'd see more traction on this. I keep forgetting how back asswards the administration can be.

There are some power 5 guys in the mix though. Good ones.

I'm thinking Rob was talking about confirmation that the big players are engaged. It's all over today. Pretty much confirming big money is pushing whether it be gruden, power 5 big name.

I'm happy. Jones will be gone and this time the effort will be made to get a big name. There was a power struggle last time. Don't think so this time.

Expect more grumors.....

Some have traction. Some don't.