Update:

Pick Ems Updated. Redwood still leads. Added week 12. 

Week 11 results are here: Week 11 results

Get your picks in for week 12 here

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SavageOrangeJug

No, we can't afford a big name coach

Not only that, but I'd rather live in east Tennessee than Tuscalloosa or Baton Rouge. Locale wise, there isn't any better place in the SEC to live in. I don't have to sell it because it sells itself. Layla Kiffin loved it so much she named one of her kids Knox.

And thats saying nothing about UT traditions, facilities, and fan base ect.

There is absolutely nothing you could tell me that would argue the point that Tennessee can't put on their big boy pants and write that check! Time to stop dumpster diving and order the T-Bone!!!

One of the things that blows my mind is the upper echelon of teams who go for the "blue light" special head coaches.    I need to look no further than my own doorstep:  Mike Dubose, Coach Fran, Mike Price, Mike Shula.   What AD in their right mind thought three of those could rule the SEC?   On-the-job-training for two of those four.  Our AD said "he was starting a nationwide search for the best coach available."   He came up Mike Dubose -- who had never been a HC.   Hmmmm.   If you want to be a contender, shouldn't you hire the best HC you can find?   

It is difficult to make mediocre HC hires and finish at the top.   That is what I don't understand about the HC hires.  

One of the things that blows my mind is the upper echelon of teams who go for the "blue light" special head coaches.    I need to look no further than my own doorstep:  Mike Dubose, Coach Fran, Mike Price, Mike Shula.   What AD in their right mind thought three of those could rule the SEC?   On-the-job-training for two of those four.  Our AD said "he was starting a nationwide search for the best coach available."   He came up Mike Dubose -- who had never been a HC.   Hmmmm.   If you want to be a contender, shouldn't you hire the best HC you can find?   

It is difficult to make mediocre HC hires and finish at the top.   That is what I don't understand about the HC hires.  

Exactly. There is no "Tom Brady" of coaching that suddenly will be an overnight sensation at a bargain price. PONY UP TENNESSEE!