Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

LakeVol

Who would you want?

Jones' replacement  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your pick to replace Jones?

• Bobby Petrino
    • Les Miles
    • Bob Stoops
    • Chip Kelly
    • Scott Frost
    • Tee Martin
    • Dan Mullen
    • P.J. Fleck
    • Jim Bob Cooter
    • Other (List in Post)

Assuming the wheels fall off for Butch Jones after the Georgia game and Vol fans have a significant time to stew given the bye week before South Carolina, who would you think would be the right man for the job?

Jim Bob Cooter would be a perfect fit for the Vols. He's been a VFL since a small child. One of the best offensive minds around. His only hangup is recruiting. Maybe AC can help him out there.  :egyptian:

No shot since he is signed thru 2020 but I like Paul Johnson from Georgia Tech. Was a candidate pre CBJ.

If the Vols switched to the triple option Rob's head would explode.

Seriously, since we're all playing with house money in fantasyland why not steal $aban from bama? After all, it's just a matter of throwing enough dollars at somebody, right?

Yeah it would... LOL

Seriously though, i could handle triple option better than this hybrid read/zone blocking soft offense. Old school triple option is much more hard nosed then this crap being ran at Tennessee right now. The only thing with triple option is players don't transition well to the NFL so reduces some interest of recruits.

Certainly Bob Stoops would I pick. #2 Dan Mullen. But I think BS is finished.

So, how about his brother Mark..?

Peyton. Yeah. I said it.

The most successful head coaches tend to be real a$$holes. I don't see Peyton in that roll. I'd hate to see him fall short of expectations and loose his proper place in Tennessee folklore. Peyton should forever remain a bigger than life hero to both the state and university. 

I've been reading stuff on the net for awhile now hinting that Peyton might be thinking about going into politics. He might want to talk to Heath Shuler about that first.

The Peyton comment was tongue-in-cheek because it seems whenever we jump on the “ fire coach ______!†bandwagon, somebody always brings up Peyton.

But, regarding Ozone’s comment about hating to see him fall short of expectations, or losing his proper place in Tennessee folklore, I don’t think Peyton is afraid of failure. Not that I expect him to be our new coach, but I certainly expect that whatever challenge or goal Peyton tackles, he’ll dedicate himself to it 100%. Regardless of the outcome. It’s just how Peyton is. And for that reason alone, he’ll always be a bigger than life hero to me.

Now, regarding GH6, the political story has wings. Given that Sen. Bob Corker has decided not to run for re-election, people are wanting to see Peyton jump in and run for his seat. But yeah, he should go talk to Shuler first.

Peyton could run as an independent and win the state of Tennessee.  Then those bloodsuckers in DC would start trashing him.

i'm not sure who would be the best fit, but we need a big name so like everyone else im assuming C. Kelly L. Miles or JBC we need a change that is clear CBJ got us as far as he could and we should thank him for what he has done.

• Upvote 1

If Kelly could assemble the type of staff he had in Oregon then he would be a good fit with our personal. The 1 must IMO would be to hire Helfrich as OC (which Jones shoulda done in the offseason) but if we're going the "up n comer" route again in which I honestly believe we will when n if we do hire a new coach then I'd put my eggs in Brent Venables basket. Just my 2 cents

I'm not in on JimBob. What he's doing is great and all, but he hasn't been HC yet. So that jury's out. CK could come in and take up right where Butch left off. But more sideways running peek-a-boo offense would irritate the heck out of Rob. Me too, I'm ready for some smashmouth.

Les Miles I would consider. He's the big name proven winner, and he needs a job. Not that he's the guy for the job.

I'm just sayin'...

I read on another VOLS site that majority if not all the prominent boosters are all on board with a new coach and money wouldn't be a issue due to they all want to be on top again, he said they actually wanted it done last nite. This poster says that Currie has been informed and has started the process of getting all his ducks in a row for the process to begin. Now there was no timeline as to when this would happen but he said his booster friend was 100% sure we would have a new coach next season. Now like I said I read this on another site where the guy posting claims he's friends with a prominent booster and this is the conversation they had this morning sometime. So take it for what it's worth, I guess time will tell.

Wikipedia.  They will just let anybody edit that:

James Robert Cooter (born July 3, 1984) is an American football coach who is the offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Tennessee, and has since coached for his alma mater, the Indianapolis Colts, the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Denver Broncos before being hired by the Lions. Rumored the next University of Tennessee head coach & Peyton Manning first choice.

I'd have to say I'd like to see Les Miles come in, he's a proven winner and recruiter and I think he's learned his lesson with why LSU fired him. I think he would come in and take this program to the next level. Just my 1 cent worth.

Uh-oh, hot off the rumor mill...

Phillip Fulmer has signed on to be interim HC until end of season.

And heres a name, Greg Schiano...