Piddlin

Indiana State Game Thoughts, Expectations, and Predictions

I think after a very physical double overtime game on Monday Night against Ga. Tech, the Vols may come out a little slow considering the short week of recovery....especially on the defensive side of the ball.  That being said, I think Guarantano gets some playing time and the Vols run away..........49 - 7

Ok, let's hear it!

We need to use this week to try and get the QB and receivers not named Calloway in sync.

Defense...what can I say. Can't stop the run, and didn't defend the pass very well against a running QB.

O-line did a pretty good job. Dormady had time and John Kelly is the real deal.

Tune up, tune up, tune up.

Callaway was a pleasant surprise. And he's a Warner Robbins product Piddlin. 

No reason why the Vols shouldn't beat Indiana St. by at least 4 TDs.

Callaway was a pleasant surprise. And he's a Warner Robbins product Piddlin. 

No reason why the Vols shouldn't beat Indiana St. by at least 4 TDs.

Yea, the WR Crimson color is the only Crimson I like seeing in Knoxville! :Tennrules:

I'm less worried about this game's score than I am about getting our defense some gas back in the tank for Florida and someone letting Dormady know he's actually the starting QB

I for one, am glad the GaTech game is over and we were able to come away with the win. We got the best game they were able to play. Last yr the 'jackets beat Georgia, Vandy, and Kentucky. Winning Vs the Vols, and Tech could claim dominance over the SEC in games played. So they wanted it, this game was circled on their calender since last yr.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-beat-vs-indiana-state-good-bad-unknowns

Enough about that. This Indiana St game should be a one sided affair. They lost last week to Indiana Eastern, who I've never even heard of until today. So it's a good chance to work out some kinks, rest some guys up, and go into the Florida game 2-0.

Nothing unconventional about this game, 49-13 sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

Like SOJ said, get some other receivers into the mix. We already know we can run. Let Dormandy work on his timing and accuracy for the first half and then let G-Man get some time under center. 

Vols - 50+

Indiana St - 17 ( and thats only because our 1 defense will only play the 1st quarter. )

I for one, am glad the GaTech game is over and we were able to come away with the win. We got the best game they were able to play. Last yr the 'jackets beat Georgia, Vandy, and Kentucky. Winning Vs the Vols, and Tech could claim dominance over the SEC in games played. So they wanted it, this game was circled on their calender since last yr.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-beat-vs-indiana-state-good-bad-unknowns

Enough about that. This Indiana St game should be a one sided affair. They lost last week to Indiana Eastern, who I've never even heard of until today. So it's a good chance to work out some kinks, rest some guys up, and go into the Florida game 2-0.

Nothing unconventional about this game, 49-13 sounds about right.

We say that all the time. "this is a good game to work out the kinks". I know we said that all last year on games like this but it always seemed CBJ wasn't working out any kinks, just running the same old schemes. The Florida game is no joke, so I hope he takes full advantage of Saturday but I have my doubts.

Game ball goes to Butch Jones. He could have been all nervous about fans thoughts and was patient with dormady. Had faith and stayed the course. I think that helped dormady a lot.

Do hope JG sees the field Saturday. But still Dormady needs reps. The kid has pocket presence. Actually when all was said and done he finished with one of the best performances by a first time starter in Tennessee history.

We better work on that defense. We just gave up 655 yards to an unranked team. 535 of that on the ground. If Shoop made a single adjustment I sure didn't see it. Had MONTHS to prepare for this offense.

Screen_Shot_2017_09_05_at_12.16.00_AM.pn

Tennessee has always looked like $hit against the triple option. I hate playing those teams, period. With that behind us, I think we'll see a vastly improved defense this week. With a little on field competition at QB, I think we put up 50+ points and win by at least 30 points.

Yeah I'm just glad that one is over and the Vols got the W. Not the kind of opponent you can use as a true benchmark performance-wise, especially defensively. The year the Vols squeaked by Air Force by one point they went 9-4 so forget this one and move on. 

On the bright side only 2 penalties and no turnovers. And no bubble screens.  :thumb_yello:

52-6.......I've thought that for 3 days. Would love for young RB's to have many reps and some receivers help Calloway out today. GBO

Well, Richmond will be back. Should boost the o-line.

The Vols need to get out of this game without adding anybody to the injured list. For me, thats the biggest thing.

Recordwise, there's nothing to be gained by winning this game. Unless somebody ranked ahead of us looses. So today I'm pulling for Georgia...