Update:

Pick Ems Updated. Redwood still leads. Added week 13 

Get your picks in for week 13 here

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LakeVol

Social Media the "Recruit Killer"

1*OkhqElg5yeoFpm-73VX8-A.png

https://orangeandwhitereport.com/recruits-say-tennessee-has-the-most-annoying-fans-on-social-media-4ff259b525f7#.d7324yow4

If you’ve followed Orange & White Report for any significant length of time, you know we have a strict policy of never tweeting recruits.

Ever.

And if you don’t agree with this approach to the internet and need proof as to why we might have this policy in place, today is your lucky day…

This week, Jeremy Crabtree of ESPN asked 81 Under Armour All-American prospects to rank the most annoying fan bases on social media and nine listed Tennessee as No. 1. Texas was ranked No. 1 by eight prospects followed by Alabama with six, and Michigan with five. This gives the Vols the ill-advised distinction of being the most irritating fan base on social media according to recruits.

So, congrats, I guess?

Take this however you will but whatever you think of it, consider this: Recruits clearly see the things that you say to them on social media and they are children. These kids are 16, 17, and 18 years old and Twitter and Facebook matter to them.

Obviously, we suggest following our social media policy of never tweeting at recruits, but if you must, if you REALLY must tweet at a recruit. And we mean you REALLY, REALLY need to send them a message. Like, it’s a life and death situation and you need to tweet them…

Don’t.

Yeah I read this and I totally agree. I would never harass a player or a recruit on social media. I will say though if they add an account out there then they get what they ask for. Twitter is like having a open phone number out there. If you dont want harassment  dont make it so obvious how to reach you....

Still being at the top of this list does not surprise me at all. Vol fan in social media are pretty much on any givne day doing something stupid or posting something stupid

Social Media is a great avenue for a lot of things but these dumb asses have to think before they trash another team, our team, our players, or possible recruits. Guess what morons, THEY ALL READ YOUR CRAP!!! 

:censored:

I will say though if they add an account out there then they get what they ask for. Twitter is like having a open phone number out there. If you dont want harassment  dont make it so obvious how to reach you....

:yeahthat:

Thanks to cable TV and the internet recruiting is getting more showbiz every year. And agreed, some of the recruits out there are just as annoying as the fans when it comes to social media blather.