Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SavageOrangeJug

LSU vs UF postponed...UT may get screwed big time

Had to look twice. Sanky looks like that chick on Big Bang Theory...

The Piddler is back!!!!!  Just got wifi back!

Hurricane Matthew Aftermath:  This was a serious storm folks.  Even I took it for granted.  I live 50 miles west of Savannah.......40% of our county still didn't have electricity yesterday (6 days and counting).  This is an area full of Pecan Groves, many of those groves are now totally lost.  Trees on top of houses.  Altamaha river, Ogeechee river, and Ohoopee river areas flooding. Many coastal Island area residents like Fripp Island, Sea Island, St. Simons Island are not being allowed back on their islands yet due to sewage issues, power lines still down, etc.  We personally had 11 hours straight of 60mph - 80mph winds and sideways rain.  We lost power for 2 days and just got wifi back today.

There comes a time when you have to put a football game aside, and do what is best for families.  I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHER TEAMS DID OR WHAT GAMES GOT RESCHEDULED!  For whatever reason, the Florida LSU game did not.  If I had been put in the position of the Coach/AD in UF, I don't know that I wouldn't have made the same decision. Until it is announced that the game will NOT be made up and the Vols get screwed, falling on the floor kicking and screaming is really pointless.  

A fan base Crying about getting screwed before you get screwed simply makes you look like a bunch of crybabies.  I would rather just concentrate on beating BAMA!  The rest will take care of itself.   :bamasucks3:

Well now the game is being made up on 11/19, AT FREAKING LSU.  You've have to be blind based on the comments of the last week and the eventual outcome to see which side has been unwilling to work out a solution to this whole thing.

Couple of things. First as I said all this time this would be fixed. Second and yes Florida got screwed from all the bitching. I hate defending the Gators and I hate when people think they know just because some site says something and that doesn't make it facts. At the AD level and at front office of the SEC there is way too much money and politics going on for any website to know truly what all took place. See I had to defend Florida and now I feel dirty....

LOL

Still .................... :screaming-7365: :utfl: :gator_50:  :gatorssuck:

:lol:

Couple of things. First as I said all this time this would be fixed. Second and yes Florida got screwed from all the bitching. I hate defending the Gators and I hate when people think they know just because some site says something and that doesn't make it facts. At the AD level and at front office of the SEC there is way too much money and politics going on for any website to know truly what all took place. See I had to defend Florida and now I feel dirty....

LOL

Still .................... :screaming-7365: :utfl: :gator_50:  :gatorssuck:

:lol:

I have ZERO sympathy for the Gators.

Jeremy Foley tried using the storm to pull a fast one and it backfired BIG TIME!!!

Foley should have done what other schools did and played the game a day or two later.

I love how I have been called various names throughout this thread for my beliefs that Foley tried to pull a fast one. At least I'm not naïve.

:smily961:  :smily961:  :smily961:

Names? Nope you're not even the bad ones. Some these Facebook groups have bitched and whined like some little cry baby primadonnas. You're just you. We're used to it. Still, as a whole lots of vol fans over reacted plain simple. Down here we know what happened and I know for a fact Foley wasn't pulling a fast one. Think what you want. I never was concerned. I had it on good authority from a local sportswriter this would get done and what took place. You got your opinion. I have mine. The truth resides somewhere in between. You're assumption though that Foley tried to pull a fast one is incorrect. That's all I can say.

Well there is this:

The SEC Commissioner’s Regulations requires each football team play all eight Conference games in a season in order to be eligible to compete for a divisional title and play in the SEC Championship Game. Had the game not been rescheduled, Florida and LSU would have been ineligible to compete for the SEC title this season.

Thank you and now you see WHY all this overreaction just was worthless

Names? Nope you're not even the bad ones. Some these Facebook groups have bitched and whined like some little cry baby primadonnas. You're just you. We're used to it. Still, as a whole lots of vol fans over reacted plain simple. Down here we know what happened and I know for a fact Foley wasn't pulling a fast one. Think what you want. I never was concerned. I had it on good authority from a local sportswriter this would get done and what took place. You got your opinion. I have mine. The truth resides somewhere in between. You're assumption though that Foley tried to pull a fast one is incorrect. That's all I can say.

Well there is this:

The SEC Commissioner’s Regulations requires each football team play all eight Conference games in a season in order to be eligible to compete for a divisional title and play in the SEC Championship Game. Had the game not been rescheduled, Florida and LSU would have been ineligible to compete for the SEC title this season.

:JC_goodpost:

Well there is this:

What is the source on that? SEC rule book?

In most years, Tennessee's win over Florida would effectively give the Volunteers a two-game lead over the Gators in the SEC East. But because of how the SEC bylaws are written, the indefinite postponement of UF's game against LSU could give Jim McElwain's team a leg up.

From SEC Bylaw 30.22.1.3:

The Conference champion will be determined by a game between the two division champions. The team in each division with the
highest percentage of wins
during all regular-season conference competition will be declared division champion.

The rule doesn't care which team has more wins or which team has fewer loses. It only cares about winning percentage. So if Tennessee loses to Alabama and Texas A&M and finishes with a 6-2 conference record, it would be passed over by a Florida team with a 6-1 record.

There's ton of sites with references to this

ESPN

SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH

WASHINGTON POST

Google's your Friend

http://wapo.st/2dnYQfE

I'm not looking thru all the by laws. I'll just go with what has been quoted

Even though that's exactly what I was told by locals. Bottom line, never was any reason for people to freak out.

On Thursday, the SEC announced LSU would be playing Florida on Nov. 19, but the game will be moved to Baton Rouge instead of Gainesville. This keeps LSU from playing three straight road games in 12 days. In return, LSU will travel to Gainesville for games in both 2017 and 2018.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/LSU-and-Florida-will-make-up-their-postponed-game-48220193

I'm waiting for all the griping from Bama, Auburn and all the other SEC West schools that LSU gets an extra conference home game. Meanwhile the gators get to go to Baton Rouge and a week later play Fla. State in Tallahassee.