Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atomic City

DUCK PULLING THE TRUCK

Can I say tabor is a puss on this thread?

All I know is that Quincy Wilson said it and that it's a reference to an old TV show with the inference being that a duck is incapable of pulling a truck and gaturds compared the Vols to the duck.

From GatorSports:

KNOXVILLE — The talk heading into Florida’s SEC East match-up with Tennessee was Quincy Wilson’s proclamation.

The junior defensive back confidently guaranteed a 12th-consecutive win over the Volunteers, using the soon-to-be infamous phrase “ducks don’t pull trucks†as evidence.

But after Florida’s second-half collapse, Wilson was forced to eat his words. After the game, coach Jim McElwain said he hoped Wilson and the Gators learn “a big lesson†from making predictions.

“In life, being humble, there’s a lot of good things in that. As I said, back it up. They didn’t back it up, did they?â€

After the game, Wilson was speechless.

“No comment,†Wilson replied when asked about his prediction.

McElwain sure didn't have any problem with his players shooting their mouths off BEFORE the game. That's when he should've given them his humble speech.

Boy doesn't everything just feel better today? That's all I'm saying.. I'm pulling out the vette today, taking the top out and driving all over Florida and might even play a little Rocky top............ LOUDLY

Now that's what I'm talking about!!