RobVol

Tennessee - Florida Week Game discussion and predictions

utfl.png

The SEC schedule starts and with a bang. Tennessee will play Florida in their SEC opener. Lots of the things hing on this game. This is the game to see whether Tennessee is a pretender or contender. We know about the injuries bu Florida has a few of their own especially their starting QB. What are your thoughts and score predictions? Lets start the week off and get some good analysis going on this topic for the week.

Their backup QB Appleby is no slouch. 5th year senior and a former starter at Purdue so who knows maybe losing Del Rio is not a huge blow to them. He can pass and also run the ball. I did notice at Purdue he had as many interceptions as TD passes (19).

My head and my heart are having a big disagreement right now about who wins and by how much. :loco:

Neither team has been impressive so far this year.  The tougher schedule for the first 3 games goes to the Vols in my opinion, but really doesn't mean much.  I think either the Vols or Gators has the break-out game they have been wanting.  Keys to victory:  

Vols:  Let Dobbs be Dobbs and run the ball, secondary can't give up big plays

Gators:  How well does Appleby play, pressure at the line of scrimmage on defense

28-7 Vols 

hmmmm at this point and I can never pick against the Vols but right now my gut is doing flip flops n this one. 

Can we still get a tie?  :tongue1:

Seriously then I will say 

Vols 24

Florida 23

I just do not have a comfortable feeling right now with the injuries, bad offensive line play, Lack of a stable passing game, and play calling period. 

:utfl:

• Upvote 1

I am not feeling really good either right now. I am thinking this is a sloppy game and the one who makes the least mistakes wins.

Vols - 17

Florida -  14

I am not ready to make a prediction yet. I am still reviewing the game Saturday and trying to come up with the reasons for a win this weekend. Still regardless

:utfl: :mices_blah: :gatorssuck: 

I am not ready to make a prediction yet. I am still reviewing the game Saturday and trying to come up with the reasons for a win this weekend. Still regardless

:utfl: :mices_blah: :gatorssuck:

Don't try to do math on all our predictions, you may blow a valve or "O" ring!!!

Apparently Florida QB Austin Appleby not intimidated by Neyland Stadium...............

The untimely injury of Florida quarterback Luke Del Rio has forced the Gators to turn to backup Austin Appleby as a huge ranked road test at Tennessee awaits.

But the Purdue transfer doesn’t seem daunted by what will likely be a raucous Neyland Stadium crowd.

Appleby started 11 games for the Boilermakers, throwing 19 touchdowns to 19 interceptions during his four years with the team. But those road games he mentioned? Well, the graduate transfer didn’t so well in those settings.

He went 18-of-46 one score and a pair of interceptions and didn’t play against Ohio State. In the 2014 season finale at Indiana, Appleby completed 19 of 35 passes and threw three interceptions.

We’ll see if Appleby can handle the pressure of an SEC road game when the two teams meet at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday.

Here is a tweet quoting him:

Looks like he aint scared. Time for the fans to blast him out the stadium

I cannot pick against my team but folks this will be close if they pull it out.

It might come down to a "Medley Kick" GULP!

I am going to say and my heart is telling me go with this,

Vols - 21

Florida -20

Ok soooooo this is a realistic board right? People like brutal honesty and it's accepted right?

I'll be brutally honest with my pick then. We haven't won in 12 years.

Cam Sutton is out.

Darren Kirkland Jr is out (I think).

Jalen Reeves-Mabin is Probable, obviously not 100%

Quarte' Sapp is out.

Offensive Line still on vacation.

We don't fair well against backup QBs at Florida.

Their Defense is top notch.

GameDay will be there.

Its a 3pm CBS game with Gary and Verne.

Gators 24

Vols 20

Ok soooooo this is a realistic board right? People like brutal honesty and it's accepted right?

Cam Sutton is out.

Quarte' Sapp is out.

GameDay will be there.

Gators 24

Vols 20

Props for being honest!  Hope you are wrong.... :gator_50:

Cam Sutton is out.

Quarte' Sapp is out.

GameDay will be there.

Gators 24

Vols 20

No Need to apologize. This is an objective thread. if I went with my head I would agree with that score. Heart hopes Vols win but I always get that crappy feeling during Florida week