Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest LakeVol

Do Heads Need to Roll?

Do Heads Need to Roll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If you were in charge, what would you do?

• Fire everyone
    • Retain Jones but fire staff
    • Retain Jones but fire Offensive Staff
    • Retain Jones but fire Defensive Staff
    • Stay the Course

Guest LakeVol

Interested in what everyone's gut reaction is now that we're looking down the barrel at Florida!

Guest LakeVol

I can't even start to think what is wrong with this team. It just doesn't seem like the team close to last year.

All due respect, we have not played the little sisters of the poor over the last three games. That said I did expect a larger margin of victory especially today. At this point I think UT was looking past Ohio. Similar to App State. Is there room for improvement? Oh hell yeah!  One game at a time! One play at a time!

Guest LakeVol

All due respect, we have not played the little sisters of the poor over the last three games. That said I did expect a larger margin of victory especially today. At this point I think UT was looking past Ohio. Similar to App State. Is there room for improvement? Oh hell yeah!  One game at a time! One play at a time!

Will you be saying that if Florida beats us at home too?

If the players were looking past Ohio there's no excuse for it. They had two games to show them that they weren't good enough to look past anybody. How many lessons do they need?

On the positive side, the Vols are halfway to bowl eligibility.

Guest LakeVol

On the positive side, the Vols are halfway to bowl eligibility.

That is being VERY positive! lol

Why do people keep giving app state credit for being this great team?

They just got beat down at home by Miami

Ohio is sub par at best.

Lots need to be fixed.

As was pointed out many times last year (and several years before that), any thought of a coaching change at UT is BAD. CBJ took over a program in decline, he has built the entire program, Brick by Brick, from the ground up. He is the greatest coach ever, if we'd just give him a big pay raise, and stand behind him for a few more years, we'll win an SEC championship, and maybe even go a NC game!!! No more of this talk, it's isn't as if plenty of great programs aren't trying like crazy to get CBJ, this is why he needs the raise-and just think how much better you'll feel as a fan, knowing our coach is paid at least as much as bama's man! These first three games were all Wins, geeeze what more could you ask for????

YES! Did you read the post? I know several people are looking at the current records of App State , Ohio and Tech  App State had all of the preseason to prepare.  Tech actually played well but couldn't put it together. The same can be said for Ohio.  The good thing IMO is that we didn't fold during the game. We could have in each game so far. Look, I realize we need to play better ! That is from a coaching perspective but the players need to step up as well!

All that said, while they might be up by 19 at this point Florida Doesn't look that good either! 

Va your opinion is welcome and we aren't kicking anyone for their opinion. You have some valid points. The problem is the second verse is the same as the first.

Tennessee was supposed to step up this year. So far it looks like a hanging on by the thread audition. I'm seriously doubting Butch Jones. At this point saying all the right things and making the cool appearances doesn't equal wins.

Beat Florida for once and I'll stfu

I don't disagree, Look , the thing is we can have this debate until the cows come home . Im old enough to remember that we didn't play Florida every year. Don't remember? the U T Florida match up is a product of the 90s.

That said, am I sold on Jones? Not really. however he is the head coach at UT. Think about where we would be with Kiffin or Dooley.

So if you think I'm defending Jones think again. I just call it like I see it!!!!!

See you guys around I'm done. Thanks for the ride.

Thanks for your opinion. Glad you stopped by. Hey we're about people getting their opinion out. You're welcome to yours here. GBO

YES! Did you read the post? I know several people are looking at the current records of App State , Ohio and Tech  App State had all of the preseason to prepare.  Tech actually played well but couldn't put it together. The same can be said for Ohio.  The good thing IMO is that we didn't fold during the game. We could have in each game so far. Look, I realize we need to play better ! That is from a coaching perspective but the players need to step up as well!

All that said, while they might be up by 19 at this point Florida Doesn't look that good either! 

Va Vol Fan I don't agree with 100% with you, but I'm diggin what you are saying.  I'm itching to type more but want to save it for the Podcast.

5 fumbles, 9 penalties for 94 yds. True, no fumbles lost which you can put down to good luck but the penalties killed early momentum, kept the D on the field and negated good gains and field position. I counted two plays where the Vols committed two infractions on the same play and Ohio had their pick of which one to take.

I don't think I'm ready to fire the coaching staff so much as I'm ready to kick some of the players in the butt. :tongue1:

Guest LakeVol

Yeah, I did read your post and agree with a lot you said. I wasn't being a smart a$$ just wondered if you (or anyone) would still have that opinion if we lose to Florida. I watched all the SEC games yesterday and I can't look at one team (except Kentucky and Vandy) that seems clearcut we could beat.

Yeah, let's fire the coach's and slide backwards into 5-6 win seasons, hoping to come out bowl game eligible.

Sheesh... I am dissapointed too, but not ready to go to extremes. Take a pill, have a drink or a nap or something. I'm getting worried about ya'll.

They play to lose not to win. Butch offense looked totally different at his last stops, at least the few games I saw. DeBord is part of the issue and I'm still not sold on Azzani or Mahoney. All of that ultimately falls on Butch.

One more thing, the jury is still out on Shoop imo. I saw some dumb alignments last night that against a good team would have been torched

One more thing, the jury is still out on Shoop imo. I saw some dumb alignments last night that against a good team would have been torched

I saw that as well. I'm not sold on Shoop either

Also they need to let Josh be Josh or play somebody else

Now this much I can agree with. Whenever JD is a threat to run things have gone our way. Not just yesterday, all 3 games so far. I expect things to go our way even more so when we have Dobbs, Hurd, and Kamara in the backfield and defenses are forced into playing assignment football.

5 fumbles, 9 penalties for 94 yds. True, no fumbles lost which you can put down to good luck but the penalties killed early momentum, kept the D on the field and negated good gains and field position. I counted two plays where the Vols committed two infractions on the same play and Ohio had their pick of which one to take.

I don't think I'm ready to fire the coaching staff so much as I'm ready to kick some of the players in the butt. :tongue1:

And that sir, is the point that people are missing.  Players have to play, execute, be disciplined, play like they are coached to play

I guess I'm the only one that is really concerned with our O-line.  We've had an O-line problem for  more than one year, yes we won yesterday, but did anyone really watch our O-line for the first half? I'm not seeing a great improvement, or to be honest any improvement at all. Last year, coaching changes were ".....Guarantee Huge improvements......" type hype.  When we start playing SEC teams it's going to have to there or it's not going to be pretty.  I am longing for an SEC Championship, IMHO the only way we're going to get there is by playing, real, no BS, hard playing on both sides of the ball, SEC football. These three wins are good, let there be no mistake about that, 3Ws=Good, but an SEC Championship=GREAT.

I guess I'm the only one that is really concerned with our O-line.  We've had an O-line problem for  more than one year, yes we won yesterday, but did anyone really watch our O-line for the first half? I'm not seeing a great improvement, or to be honest any improvement at all. Last year, coaching changes were ".....Guarantee Huge improvements......" type hype.  When we start playing SEC teams it's going to have to there or it's not going to be pretty.  I am longing for an SEC Championship, IMHO the only way we're going to get there is by playing, real, no BS, hard playing on both sides of the ball, SEC football. These three wins are good, let there be no mistake about that, 3Ws=Good, but an SEC Championship=GREAT.

Only one that is really concerned with the OL?   :4_6_2v[1]: Several Voltalkers have made multiple posts about the OL since the season started.  A significant amount of time has been spent on the Podcast for the past three weeks about OL issues.  Plenty of talk during the game CHAT about how bad the OL was.  I've discussed the OL issues being the problem with our passing game and Hurd's inability to put up the numbers that he is capable of putting up. I agree with you totally.......but plenty of people are concerned about the OL!