Jump to content

• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In

- - - - -

Being Reported: NEW COACH ANNOUNCED

Jeremy Pruitt will be our new coach and I am diggin it! ...

:egyptian:

=

45 Comments

Well not official but pretty damned close :thumb_yello:

Photo
UltimateVolfan
Dec 06 2017 10:37 PM

NICE!  :woohoo2:

Great! I can go from:  :lightonfire:

To this:  :egyptian:

• 1

No Tee so I guess my surprise info sucked on that one. I had it from good info that I got about 4 hours ago it was going to include Tee, Oh well we got half the candy bar

Now get a staff together pronto! Signing days are coming!!

• 0

I would think he's still a possibility for OC...I hope..

• 0

I am hearing no. So they better get a good one to counter the great skills of Pruitt on the D side

No doubt!!

GREAT FRIGGING  NEWS! :govolsbaby:

• 0

Looking like this will get done. Great news for Vol fans DEPENDING on the staff put together. This was a huge get.

Bout damned time. I still wanted Tee damn it!  :Tennrules:

Ozonedrifter
Dec 07 2017 07:33 AM

:egyptian: Looks like I went to bed too early last night  :egyptian:

Photo
BigOrangeFan
Dec 07 2017 07:48 AM

Pruitt, just like Dickey allowed Fulmer to, is expected to have control of putting his own staff together, according to a source with knowledge of the hiring process.

Photo
BigOrangeFan
Dec 07 2017 07:56 AM

Rumored that Dan Enos may be OC

Looks like he runs a pro-style offense...He has tutored and developed many NFL stars...Over his two seasons as OC, Arkansas is one of two FBS programs with 3,000-yard passer and 1,300-yard rusher in both 2015 and 2016...In his first season on The Hill, Enos helped Arkansas lead the SEC in scoring in conference games, averaging 34.4 points per conference game. The Razorbacks scored 50+ points four times over the final six regular season games, breaking the previous program single-season record of three set in 1910, 1916 and 2007...five offensive players find NFL homes during the 2016 draft. The five offensive players taken were the second most from one school in the 2016 NFL Draft

Photo
Atomic City
Dec 07 2017 07:58 AM

Rumored that Dan Enos may be OC

Yes we would go back to power run, playaction etc. I'd be all for that lol
    • 0
I'd have a problem with that..........

YEAH FRIGGING RIGHT! THE PROBLEM IS WHAT TOOK SO LONG?

LOL
Photo
BigOrangeFan
Dec 07 2017 08:39 AM

Message from an Bama fan:

Congrats on the hire
I normally only come on this board during the Bama week but I had to offer my happiness in this hire. Jeremy and I have been friends for a long time. He coached my nephew in HS and was a neighbor of my in-laws. Not only are you getting a good coach you are also getting a GREAT guy. He actually takes care of the players and has their best interest in mind. I think you found a better coach than the ones that were mentioned in the early searches. Should make our TSIO much more exciting. Good luck to Jeremy!
RTR, Semper Fi, Go Navy Beat Army!
    • 0

Pretty dang happy considering where we were a week or so ago.  No doubt in my mind that this hire would not have happened with Currie at the helm.

Photo
Atomic City
Dec 07 2017 10:14 AM
I'm getting more excited about this hire by the minute lol
    • 0
Home run potential here. I feel so much better than 2012.

Fulmer really did good. Going back to pro set is perfect timing now. Everyone's in the SEC is built to stop spread stuff. This is like 1990 and 2005... This sets up nicely.
Photo
BigOrangeFan
Dec 07 2017 11:21 AM

Who's running arguably some of the best programs now, that's had zero HC experience?...ummm Clemson, Georgia and Oklahoma. That’s three of the four programs in this season’s College Football Playoff. Pruitt is in charge of defense for the fourth. Pruitt is walking into a different situation per se, our program experienced unprecedented injuries this year, we get those guys back and reshape the language and mindset with the kids.... I know allot of 'fans or media' would probably rather see a guy with demonstrated success as a head coach already, but first-time head coaches at big-time programs can excel...it's a bit of a tougher road, but I think it's a homerun hire.

If you do the homework, talk to the people he's coached and been around...Pruitt's improved every defense by the numbers with every program he went to...Alabama, Georgia , FSU...coached under some of the best HC's on the planet. Even in High School, which is HUGE, they know how to do living room conversations with kids, parents and their coaches....how many high school and college championship does this guy have? like almost half his career, I dunno? He's got Fulmer to lean on from an GM/HC perspective...Pruitt has a reputation as an ace recruiter –  we will see if he can translate those skills from Tuscaloosa to Knoxville. I'm stoked on the potential.

I mean things are cyclical...It’s true that the resources, facilities and tradition on hand are those of a championship program. It’s true that Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan and other top brands in this sport have suffered a decade or so of similar failure in modern times, only to bounce back with the right coaching hire...I'm sick and tired of these short-sighted retards that think they can diagnose a medical issue, with no medical training or experience...I'm sure Fulmer knows what he's doing, and did the best he can...me personally, I had Pruitt's name on my board months ago...come on, let's think long term and get behind this thing!

As Al Wilson said: "Make a decision, and RRROOOWWW WIIDD IT ! ...And I'll Get Behind It 100%!!!" . Mic Drop!

Photo
Atomic City
Dec 07 2017 11:30 AM

University of Tennessee, Knoxville Chancellor Beverly Davenport and Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer will hold a press conference Thursday at 6:05 p.m. ET in the Peyton Manning Locker Room to introduce Jeremy Pruitt as Tennessee's next head football coach.
The press conference will be streamed live on UTsports.com and can be heard throughout the state on the Vol Radio Network.
"Six days ago, I mentioned several attributes that I sought to find in the next leader of our football program, and Coach Pruitt meets all criteria" Fulmer said. "I'm certain he appreciates the unique opportunity to lead a program of Tennessee's caliber. He's driven to win at the highest level. He will honor our university's values, operate with integrity and be a role model for our student-athletes.
"I know Coach Pruitt will hit the ground running and go to work restoring our program to a championship level."
Pruitt becomes the 26th head coach in Tennessee football history. He takes the helm of the Volunteers program after cementing himself as the nation's top defensive coordinator during stints at Alabama (2016-17), Georgia (2014-15) and Florida State (2013).
The Rainsville, Alabama, native was part of three national championships (2009, 2011, 2012) on the staff of the Crimson Tide from 2007 to 2012 and was the defensive coordinator during the Seminoles' undefeated national championship season in 2013. He was a standout high school coach before joining the Alabama staff as the Director of Player Development in 2007. Pruitt played college football at Middle Tennessee and for the Crimson Tide.
The two-time Broyles Award finalist owns a 128-31 record as a collegiate assistant coach and was named the National Recruiter of the Year by 247Sports in 2012.
He has coached 34 NFL Draft picks and 11 first-team All-Americans. The list of players coached by Pruitt reads like a who's who of college football's top defensive standouts this decade and includes Butkus Award (nation's top LB) winner Reuben Foster, National Defensive Player of the Year Jonathan Allen, top 10 NFL draft picks Jalen Ramsey, Leonard Floyd, Mark Barron and Dee Milliner, and current NFL stars Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Dre Kirkpatrick, Lamarcus Joyner and Telvin Smith.
Pruitt served as the defensive coordinator/inside linebackers coach during his second stint with the Crimson Tide in 2016 and 2017, leading an Alabama team that topped the nation in scoring defense and advanced to the College Football Playoff both seasons.
Prior to his return to Alabama, Pruitt was the defensive coordinator/secondary coach for two seasons at Georgia, guiding the nation's No. 1 pass defense in 2015 and leading a squad that finished in the top 20 nationally in scoring defense, pass defense and total defense in 2014.
Pruitt's first defensive coordinator job came at Florida State in 2013 where he also coached the defensive backs. The Seminoles led the nation in scoring defense (12.1 ppg), pass defense (156.6) and interceptions (26) en route to a 14-0 record and the BCS National Championship in his lone season with the Garnet and Gold.
Pruitt served as the defensive backs coach at Alabama from 2010 to 2012, helping the Crimson Tide win back-to-back BCS National Championships in 2011 and 2012